Day 36 (Monday): I felt really good about today’s workout, I even did a few clunky Dreya Rolls. Yay me!
Day 37 (Tuesday): Cardio was pretty good today, I was slightly pukey feeling, but it may have been because I had a parent committee meeting and did my workout a bit later than usual.
Day 38 (Wednesday): Today I did Ab Ripper X in its entirety before my Shoulders, Chest & Triceps workout. I attempted every exercise and got at least half of the reps completed, except for the last workout, where I just sat and stared at the screen in utter disbelief. I had been planning on doing the main bulk of the workout after I picked Olivia up from school, because I thought I might not have enough time. However, after my Ab Ripper exercise I felt energized and figured I may as well get it over with. It felt pretty great. Since I was so crunched on time, I didn’t pause when Sophia needed a clean pull-up, so I did sit out maybe two exercises.
Day 39 (Thursday): I’ve bitched about the length of the Yoga workout before, but I have been trying to block it out of my mind and remember how great I feel when I get past the 45 minute mark. There were a few exercises I had to go and break up fights and make sure the girls were not doing things they shouldn’t be doing, but overall, I got 95% of the poses and only fell out of a couple. I still didn’t do Crane.
Day 40 (Friday): Once again, I did the Ab Ripper X before the Legs & Back workout. I actually did attempt every exercise this time. Not full reps, but about half. I was feeling kind of half into it, but I went on and started Legs & Back anyway. About 30 minutes or so into the workout, I started feeling very dizzy and sick, but not in a “I haven’t eaten or my stomach is too full” kind of way, just odd. I decided to listen to my body and turned the workout off. I felt a little disappointed in myself, but at the same time, I wasn’t feeling 100% and I think I made the right decision.
Day 41 (Saturday): I am really loving my Kenpo X days. I feel strong and powerful and it is a lot of fun for me. I am getting pretty good at doing the kick sequences and I am getting better at kicking front, side and back without putting the foot down in between. I am also feeling much more confident with my punching and footwork involved.
Day 42 (Sunday): I’m resting, but planning on spending the afternoon playing with the girls, so maybe that will be a small workout.
Here are a few things I feel will help make my workout better after Week 6:
- I MUST write my food consumption down. I have been so slack for the past two weeks. I must make a better effort.
- I’m going to try to cut back on Diet Coke. I really like drinking water with frozen fruit in it, so I’m hoping that will be a good change.
Notes for Week 6:
- I lost 1.6 pounds! This brings my total weight loss at: 3.6 pounds. Bringing my average at about a half a pound a week. Which, while not ideal, is pretty damn good. I’m proud of myself! I’m currently right around the weight I was before Christmas.
- I had Bill take my measurements again today, and in 3 weeks I have lost an additional 10.25 inches! This brings my total inches lost (in six weeks) to: 15.25 inches. This is AMAZING sounding and my clothes definitely fit better. In case you are curious, we measure the following: arms, thighs, waist, stomach, chest, hips and shoulders. This is a bit more than what we are “told” to measure on the program, but I wanted to track the areas I am most self-conscious about.
- I’ve decided that, while I will be monitoring and reporting inches and pounds lost, I will not give you my actual measurements. Ever. This is a very personal thing for me, and I may or may not share pictures, but the numbers are the enemy and I want to FEEL better and not focus on the final numbers or deal with people comparing and contrasting. That’s not healthy and I refuse to allow anyone to use me as their comparison.
- I have my moments. I will have my moments, but this feels GOOD. Not because I lost weight this week, or that I lost inches (though, that does NOT hurt) but because I FEEL better. I am more flexible than I think I may have ever been and I have so much more energy. I used to nap any chance I got, but that happens very infrequently now. MAYBE once a week.
Thank you again for your support and kind words. They have really helped me and I appreciate every single one!